Document formats in Dynamics 365
Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management provides extensive functionality that enables the Document Format and Layout of any and all standard Business Document outputs to be set up, maintained and updated by any member of the client’s business provided with skills training in the following capabilities.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Electronic Reporting
- Configurable Business Documents
Electronic Reporting in D365
Electronic reporting (ER) is a framework in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Supply Chain Management that allows you to configure formats for both incoming and outgoing electronic documents. No coding or queries are required, meaning business users who have good knowledge of the Dynamics 365 data structure can easily configure ER.
ER can enable;
- Internal reporting, data loads, as well as external reporting (e.g. legal requirements of various countries/regions)
- Electronic exchange of documents with government bodies, banks, and business partners (i.g. vendors and customers)
- Document format management multiple during their lifecycle
ER configuration is managed in the Organization Administration module or via electronic reporting workspace.
The data model can be created in the ‘Designer’ for example Purchase order.