In D365 Sales, email engagement can be configured to show sellers and sales managers insights on email engagements with customers. The insights provided by email engagement features allows sellers to build better customer relationships.
Note that only emails that are sent from D365 are considered for email engagement analysis.
Working with Email Engagement in Dynamics 365
Email engagement in D365 Sales tracks your customers’ interactions with your messages. You can learn whether they selected a link, opened an attachment, or sent a reply. You can also get alerts to help you remember to follow up with your customers.
With email engagement, you can:
- Find out when a customer opened your message, selected a link, opened an attachment, or sent a reply.
- Get an immediate alert when a customer opens your message for the first time.
- Schedule the most effective delivery time based on the recipient’s time zone.
- Choose the most effective message template based on your organization’s email interaction history.
- Set an alert to remind you when it’s time to follow up on an email.
- Review the full interaction history of a single message or view key performance indicators (KPIs) for all your messages.
Read-only view of the details of a delivered message:
The KPIs at the top of the timeline show the total opens, attachment views, clicks, and replies that have been recorded for the message.
You can view the number of opens, attachment views, link clicks, and replies for followed messages in the list of emails your sales organization has sent. This can be done in the All Followed Emails activity view:
Some features of email engagement might be visible even when the feature is turned off. These features still appear but are empty:
- The Attachments table, which is shown when you compose an email message or email template, always includes the Followed column.
- The Followed Email table always shows the Opens, Last Opened Time, Attachment Views, Link Clicks, and Replies columns.
- The Email Template table always shows the Reply Rate, Open Rate, Recommended, and Email Count columns.
- The out-of-the-box versions of the account, contact, and lead forms all include the Follow Email field.
License & Prerequisites
|License||Dynamics 365 Sales Premium or Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise|
Prerequisites prior to enabling email engagement for your organization:
- Enable standard Sales Insights features, Assistant and Email Engagement.
- To use followed email attachments:
- OneDrive for Business must be available to your Dynamics 365 Sales server.
- Enable document management for email in Sales.
- Enable SharePoint to be shared externally to anonymous (unauthenticated) users to allow external email recipients to access file attachments.
- To enable delivery-time recommendations based on recipients’ time zones, you must enable Bing Maps in Sales.
Email Exchange, Outlook and Synchronisation
D365 has functionality for synchronisation of emails to Outlook via Exchange. Please review the following help article to understand how this can be used: Customer Engagement Overview: Syncing Emails , Appointments and Tasks Between D365/Exchange – GYDE365