The Sales accelerator in D365 provides an experience for sellers that minimizes time spent on searching/prioritising the best next customer to reach out to. It helps sellers to sell smartly, by building a strong and prioritized pipeline, offering context, and surfacing automated recommendations throughout a sales sequence that helps to speed the sales process. This article gives an overview of the core sales accelerator functionality. Features are explored in more detail throughout the survey.
Sales Accelerator Features:
- Sellers can prioritize their customer list in a fast and easy way by using an intelligent work list. The work list helps sellers reach out to the next best lead or opportunity by displaying relevant sales information and customer context that’s available immediately.
- Sales managers can use the sequence designer to configure sequences of activities that define steps to help sellers prioritize their activities.
Working with Sales Accelerator
Sales Accelerator Workspace:
- Sales accelerator – The Sales Accelerator workspace can be accessed from the site map
- Work List – displays a list of records that are assigned to you. Each record displays the name of the record, primary contact name, next best action, priority scoring, and entity name
- Sales Insights Form – default form view in the accelerator workspace. Displays features such as lead score and relationship analytics (if enabled)
- Up Next Widget – describes the next best action a seller can take (driven by a configured sequence)
Sequences: A sequence enforce best practices by introducing a set of consecutive activities for you to follow during your day. You can create and connect sequences to records—such as leads, opportunities, and accounts that appear in your work queue. The image below shows a sample sequence of activities for seller to follow during the ‘New lead nurturing process’.
Segments: A segment is a collection of records that are grouped together based on certain conditions, such as location, deal value, language, and product. By using segments, you can automatically connect records to sequences and create assignment rules to automatically assign sellers to records
Assignment Rules: Assignment rules enable new leads and opportunities to be automatically assigned to sellers or sales teams. This helps reduce the amount of time and effort required to manually assign records, prevent the loss of unassigned records, and balance assignments among sellers.
License & Prerequisites
Sales accelerator is available for D365 Sales Enterprise and Premium Licenses:
- By default, sales accelerator is available in the Sales Hub app with limited functionalities for Enterprise licenses. Your Sales teams can view the work list items created through timeline for contact, opportunity, lead, and account records. To experience the full capabilities of sales accelerator, purchase the Sales Premium license and configure the features such as sequences and segments.
- When you set up the sales accelerator with the Dynamics 365 Sales Enterprise license, you get 1,500 sequence-connected records per month. If you need more than 1,500 sequence-connected records per month, upgrade to Dynamics 365 Sales Premium.
- Note that Sales accelerator is not supported on mobile devices
For more information on Sales Accelerator capabilities based on license types please refer to: Sales Pricing – Compare Plans | Microsoft Dynamics 365